Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tom Waits, "Με πληρώνουν για να μην έρθω σπίτι"



Pay me (Bad As Me - 2011)
Tom Waits


They pay me not to come home
Keeping me stoned
I won’t run away
They say it’s easy to get
Stuck in this town
Just like Joan

You know I gave it all up for the stage
They fill my cup up in the cage
It’s nobody’s business but mine when I’m low
To hold yourself up is not a crime here you know
At the end of the world

And I kick my foot at the lights
I breathe it in all night
There’s a light on a canvas tree
And money from home supporting me

They pay me not to come home
I won’t eat crow
I'll stay away
And though all roads will
Not lead you home, my girl
All roads lead to the end of the world

And I sewed a little luck up in the hem of my gown
The only way down from the gallows is to swing
And I’ll wear boots instead of high heels

No comments: